Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 20, August 21st 2007 (Basalt, CO to Rio Blanco,CO)





I have done a lot of sitting at the computer today and am going to leave with Matt in just a few hours to go to a place where I can bike at just about 20 miles north of here. If I were to leave here and try and head north I would run into an interstate that I would have to ride about 10 miles through the mountains. I liked the idea of not having to ride through that area so I quickly jumped on the offer to get a ride up north a little ways. It has been an incredible stay so far in Colorado and I couldn't have asked for a better way to go out in Colorado than the way I that I did. I was given tours and all sorts of great hospitality. I can't wait to see what the rest of the road lays ahead, but I am going to miss Colorado and the incredible stays in the mountains. I was dropped off past the interstate and a little north of a town called Rifle,Co. I was thankful for Matt helping me so much with my trip and making it possivle for me to take a trip through Colorado. With the time at his house I was able to prepare myself and my bike for the journey ahead. I only rode about 8 miles north of where I was dropped off before it was dark and then it was time to set up camp. I laid the tent down in a nice spot just offside the road. Although it has been a little while since I've hopped on the bike, it felt good and i couldn't wait for the ride that laid ahed tommorrow.
Daily mileage: 8.7 miles
Total mileage: 866.1 miles

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow! Love the views....It looks absolutely beautiful and... peaceful. What an awesome opportunity to continually be able to marvel at God's creation and share it with us!! Thank you!
Mom