Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 14, August 15th 2007 and Day 15, August 16th 2007 (Lakewood,CO to Basalt,CO)


I spent the next two days waking up and feeling like I was at a resort. Just down the street there was a gym and a pool and as long as you were at the apartment building you could use both. I was able to see a Whole Foods grocery store, which is where Jordan just got a job at. It's a grocery store that has all organic foods and uses a lot of little separate cafes in the corners for which they prepare everything back in the kitchen. I was taken out to a large food place called the Cherry Cricket which had incredible burgers. You could build them up with all sorts of things that you want on top. A true experience to take in all at once. I saw Jordan every once in a while after he would get off of work, but mostly stayed at the place with his girlfriend Lee. She had just moved to Colorado about 6 months earlier and is originally from Sioux City,Iowa. She just recently moved from Hawaii after living there for four years and then she decided to move to Colorado because her sister had a baby and it was time to get closer to home. She told me about how surfing was pretty cool and how there was a big surf competition on the island that they lived on. After being offered an incredible vacation I was off to live on another vacation further west. I left at night and was able to get a ride from Matt Harder over to his place in Basalt,CO. It was a drive through the night and I was unable to see too much, but what I could see was awesome. There were mountains everywhere because we were now driving west through the mountains. Our elevation increased up to about 12,000 ft. at certain points and it was a little different having your ears pop as you climbed up and down the mountains. After about a 3 hour drive we were in Basalt, about 10 miles northwest of Aspen. We headed towards his house that has an incredible view of the mountains and I was blown away with the size of the place that only three of them shared.
Daily mileage: 0.0 miles
Total mileage: 857.4 miles

No comments: