Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 88, October 28th 2007 (Denton,TX to Denton,TX)




I wasn't planning on taking a day off today, but it seemed like a good place and time for one. When I woke up it was in an excellent bed and I had slept too well. Since we had stayed in Grapevine for the evening, we had a good 20 mile drive to get back to Denton for the day. Once we were back at Jay C's place I was able to take a nice shower and then enjoy breakfast. He had prepared some eggs and toast and it was a perfect way to begin the day. I had the entire day in front of me and since it was a college town I was anxious to see more of the campus. I didn't want to get back on the bike and since Jay C lived so close to the campus I decided to walk. It had been awhile since I had gone for a walk and so it was nice to use my legs for a different use other than pedalling. I walked through the campus and then up the street to the downtown area. It was a nice little square in the downtown area and it was nice to sit and enjoy some of the area. I was told that there was an interesting movie theatre a mile up the road and it sounded like a good way to kill a couple of hours. It was a perfect day to be outside in Texas, again. I went the mile and when I arrived at the theatre I was able to see what separated it from most theatres. It was called the Movie Tavern. They were a restaurant and a movie theatre combined to give you food and theatre at the same time. After the first movie that I watched I decided to see another because I wanted to try some of their food. It was closer to dinner time and it made more sense to order food at this point in the day. It was a very cool set-up and I really enjoyed having a great meal while enjoying a film. It was a nice set up that they had and it worked very well. When I had finished watching movies for the afternoon, I started to hike back to Jay C's. He had called and told me that he was going to be on campus at the library for awhile and so I wasn't supposed to expect him back for a little while. He had left the door unlocked for me and when I returned I used the kitchen to make a little pasta. Tomorrow was going to be another day on the road and I wanted to make sure I had the energy to go the distance. My body was going to be well rested after the lengthy day that I had just endured.
Daily mileage: 0.0 miles
Total mileage: 5,340.8 miles

No comments: