Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 89, October 29th 2007 (Denton,TX to Emory,TX)





I had one more night of a good rest on a bed. I woke up to my usual oatmeal and everything was set for me to go on the road. I took advantage of a shower while I was still able to take one, and said goodbye to Jay C. It was another day on the road and I had some new tunes to listen to. The sun was out shining and was warm as usual. I had checked the weather before I left and had been slightly disappointed. It was great to see that it was warm and there was no rain ahead, but the wind had changed directions. In the afternoon it wouldn't be blowing very strong, but it was now coming from the southeast. With the way I had experienced the wind on my travels I shouldn't have expected anything different. The entire week I had been experiencing a cross wind from the north to the south. Now that I was changing my course of direction to the south, the wind was coming from the south. I left Denton and was very thankful that the wind wasn't strong. Mostly, I spent the first 60 miles of my ride going east and through fairly large cities. I was still north of Dallas and was dealing with some of the suburbs. As I pulled further away from the busy roads and cities, I was able to see some more of Texas country. I had also finally pulled off of 380 east and was now on 69 south. The rolling hills had mostly flattened out and it was a fairly easy ride for the day. It helped that I had taken some time to rest my legs for a day. It was cool to see some large lakes over the past few days, because large bodies of water had been tough to see since I left California. I had covered some ground for the day and I didn't go too far on highway 69 before I pulled over. The sun was starting to set and I needed to get a few things at the store before I set up camp. I noticed a church just up ahead and I was happy to see a large lot of grass to put my tent. I wasn't able to contact the pastor, but I figured it would be okay to camp anyways. The pasta for the evening tasted like pasta and tomorrow would be a new day on the road.
Daily mileage: 92.3 miles
Average speed: 12.5 mph
Total mileage: 5,433.1 miles

1 comment:

linanunez said...

pictures and blogs look great babe!

keep on keeping on, thinking of you always!!

i will call you this coming weekend or next week.

much love!

carolina