Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 68, October 8th 2007 (Las Vegas,NV to Las Vegas,NV)






Well, like I said, I was spending the last day in Vegas today. Being as how I've been here so long it was starting to seem questionable that I was ever going to leave. I was able to see the sun come up and my body had adjusted back to the appropriate hours of the day. I was counting down on the good home-made breakfasts that I was going to be able to have for awhile and each one tasted better than the previous. For lunch I was able to have some of the extra spaghetti that was left over from last night and I continued to enjoy my last day. I went up the street to where there was a grocery store and I picked up a couple more things that I was going to need on the road. Everything was packed throughout the afternoon and I had taken care of everything that I had wanted to before continuing my journey. James was off of work around 6 and had picked up some dinner on the way home. He figured since it was my last night that things needed to be good for dinner. He had picked up some ribs, corn on the cob, and some baked beans. It was an incredible feast to look at before the meal. The ribs were enormous and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my time in Nevada. This was my one stop in the state and it had been a blast. I was truly in debt to everything that James had given me while showing up and staying and I couldn't believe that my luck had continued for as long as it had. I was completely thankful and in debt to so many others throughout the trip, but here I was able to live in Vegas with my own room and bed for a good few days while on the road. It was a fun experience and to be able to end it over some incredible ribs was superb. We spent a good amount of time marinating the ribs to start off and making some pristine BBQ sauce. I tried to remember as much of the recipe of the ribs that I had been involved with at my cousins, but I just didn't think it was possible to make them as good. I even went ahead and called my cousin to know exactly what the recipe was. The ribs were just too good back in San Francisco and I had to do whatever was possible to make these ribs the same. We spent our time putting everything together and the food was amazing. Everything went together perfect and they were some great ribs. I think with some more practice these ribs might be as good as the ribs my cousin made. He has been around the recipe for awhile and he obviously has it down at this point. These ribs were great, but they still might have some work left for perfection. After eating the meal we both couldn't move. The food had knocked us out. I still wanted to have more ribs because they looked so good, but my body wouldn't allow any more to enter. I was stuffed. It was easy sleeping well after such an incredible meal and this was going to be a tough night to compete with down the road.
Daily mileage: 0.0 miles
Total mileage: 3,902.8 miles

No comments: