Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 83, October 23rd 2007 (Brownfield,TX to Brownfield,TX)


Well, I guess I'm not superman. I woke up this morning and was still feeling sick. I didn't plan on being sick throughout the trip, but I guess I should have. I have been on the road for so long that I'm surprised I haven't been sick earlier than now. I was really thinking that if I was going to be sick it was probably going to be somewhere in the mountains where I had to get used to the elevation or the diverse temperatures. That wasn't how it worked out at all though. Here I was back in the Central Time Zone, which I had grown up in all my life. Back in the flat land where I was most used to seeing this type of scenery and this type of land. Last but not least, here I was sick in the one part of the country that I had been able to relate with to home for the first time in over a couple of months. With a raging headache and an upset stomach, I was hoping to take some medicine and then feel better tomorrow. The only problem was that to get the medicine I was going to have to get out of the bed and then go to the store some 3 miles away. I paid the lady that ran the motel for one more night and then got the directions to the nearby store, 3 miles away. I was able to get the medicine that I thought might do the trick, and for the rest of the afternoon it was time to rest and let the medicine do the rest of the work. Another night to stay at the luxurious Economy Inn Motel.
Daily mileage: 6.2 miles
Total mileage: 5,006.2 miles

3 comments:

William C. McCalley said...

Kyle,
Sorry that you are not feeling well. Am praying for your recovery. I hope that the wind dies down so that you can travel effectively. Godspeed to you.
Bill

Mom said...

Kyle,
Hope you're feeling better. Jamey asked me yesterday if she was ever going to see Kyle again. I said oh yes, proabably in a month or so, and she said that's what you said last time. (She's not anxious!!) Hope you were able to get on the road again today and didn't have to deal with any cold temperatures or wind. Ride safely! Love ya,
Mom

Jim said...

Glad you got us an Economy Inn pic but sorry it may not be such a good memory.