Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 67, October 7th 2007 (Las Vegas,NV to Las Vegas,NV)




I woke up to yet another morning of good home cooked breakfast. I was really starting to get used to this entire set-up and it was a blast getting to know a new friend in a new area. I was looking at spending some time on the computer for the afternoon, but there was a problem with the computer so I wasn't able to get on until around 6 pm. It My reason for staying had turned into another day for where I was going to have to stay in Vegas. I really didn't mind being here because as I had mentioned it was fun being able to have someone to hang out with. By the time dinner came it became more obvious that I was in the house with another chef. He was marinating some chicken and we had chicken and pasta on the list for the meal for the evening. It was a process to get everything ready, but by the time it was ready, you could tell. It smelled great and tasted even better. We had a movie popped in for the evening and it was just great to have a nice place to relax for some time. James enjoyed having me around for company and I was glad to see that we each shared something in common at this point in our life. It was the best place and point in my trip to rest before my next long haul and I couldn't thank him enough for being so gracious to me. There was no problem with me staying as long as I wanted and with an open window such as that it was hard to say that I ever wanted to leave. The weather was perfect at this point in the desert and I knew that it would change if I left. I was taking as much advantage of it as possible while I could. After the meal I was exhausted and figured I could spend the day tomorrow finishing some things on the computer and enjoy my last day in this crazy area before heading to the Canyon.
Daily mileage: 0.0 miles
Total mileage: 3,902.8 miles

No comments: