Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day 94, November 3rd 2007 (Baton Rouge,LA to Baton Rouge,LA)


I had no particular time that I had to wake up in the morning, but I woke up around 8. I had slept for a good amount of time and was surprisingly still feeling very well, even after all of the miles I had been putting in. I had an entire day ahead of me and all that I wanted to do was rest. This was a great place to take of that it seemed. I spent some time on the computer in the morning and then spent some time watching some television. With an enormous t.v. hanging on the wall, it was difficult not to spend some time with it. I was able to play some guitar and then as 4 pm approached everyone started to gather in the living room. Seth's dad had come over to the house and we all fixed ourselves around the big game. Louisiana State University was playing Alabama and it turned out to be a great game. We had a huge slab of salmon on a table that we used to munch on with crackers, some chips and salsa, and then followed everything with a pizza. The game went down to the wire and LSU managed to pull out a victory in the end. It was really an incredible game all the way to the end and it was very intense in the living room. It was very emotional at times and I was glad that I was able to see everyone happy in the end, because if things had gone the other way.....I'm just glad it didn't. After the game I was able to fix a few things with my bike and change out my rear tire, which I hadn't changed in the longest time on this trip so far. having gone over 2,000 miles on this set of tires from California and for them to still be riding was very impressive. I was glad to have pulled them along as far as I had. I was able to spend more time chatting with Ryan after the game and it was great to hear about a journey he had ventured on not to long ago. He had left from Alaska and had gone to Sand Diego. He said he had gone about 4,000 miles over the course of three months and it sounded like Alaska was unbelievable. I was able to see a lot of pictures of the area and it was inspiring to say the least. I loved hearing about some of the experiences he had been able to have on his journey and to hear how well he had been treated on the road. We both agreed that the people made the trip and to have so many great people to run into was phenomenal. With all of this for one day, I decided to call it a night and to prepare myself for New Orleans.
Daily mileage: 0.0 miles
Total mileage: 5,819.0 miles

No comments: